We are buying melee from 15 carats total weight to over 10,000 ct's total weight. Upon receiving your care package we will make an offer within 1-2 business days guaranteed. Please see our video on our home page "how we buy diamonds". If you accept our offer we will send you a check in the mail, bank wire or overnight Fed Ex.
Prices below for melee are for Mixed Qualities with an average clarity of I1 and an average color of I-J. Lots with higher qualities will get higher prices and lots with lower qualities will get lower prices.
1-7 pointers - average 50-85 per carat
8-14 pointers - average 100-140 per carat
15 to 22 pointers - average 135-180 per carat
23 to 29 pointers - average 225-275 per carat
30 to 39 pointers - average 250-325 per carat
Paying 98% of Spot Gold based on these gold purity averages:
- 40% pure on 10K
- 57% pure on 14K
- 74% pure on 18K
A quick note on our gold formulas:
- Our gold formulas are based on the metal weighed on a gram scale, not a gold assay.
- We pay 98% of Spot Gold based on the average gold purity percentage contained in scrap gold. This means there are No Fluctuations of the purity percentages of your gold, and no processing fees. For example, in a gold assay for 14K, the purity percentage can fluctuate between 53.5% and 58.5%.
- Most 14K assays out at an average of 57% pure, so we a figure a constant 57% on your gold purity for 14K every time.
- If you reject the offer, we will return your gold in the same condition you sent it, un-melted.
Our Gold Payout Formulas
Here are the complete formulas with the gold purity percentages we use to payout for scrap gold based on weighing the gold on the gram scale:
- 8K: Spot Gold x .333 x .98 ÷ by 31.103 = price per gram
- 9K: Spot Gold x .375 x .98 ÷ by 31.103 = price per gram
- 10K: Spot Gold x .40 x .98 ÷ by 31.103 = price per gram
- 14K: Spot Gold x .57% x .98 ÷ by 31.103 = price per gram
- 16K: Spot Gold x .66 x .98 ÷ by 31.103 = price per gram
- 18K: Spot Gold x .74% x .98 ÷ by 31.103 = price per gram
- 21K: Spot Gold x .875 x .98 ÷ by 31.103 = price per gram
- 22K: Spot Gold x .916 x .98 ÷ by 31.103 = price per gram
- 24K: Spot Gold x .98 ÷ by 31.103 = price per gram
- 900 Coins: Spot Gold x .90 x .98 ÷ by 31.103 = price per gram
LARGE DIAMOND BUYING PRICE LIST
The Midsouth PM Large Diamond Buying Pricelist is used to give a estimation of buy prices per carat for accurately graded ROUND BRILLIANTS. For FANCY CUT buy prices use the charts below. Prices can vary according to current market conditions, cut quality, and your accuracy of description of the diamonds. Quotes and prices are not guaranteed until visual inspection is verified.
Round diamond prices: Price variation for cut quality, symmetry and polish grading specifications for Round diamonds: Rounds with a combination of a Very Good cut grade, symmetry grade and polish grade will get the prices as listed below in the charts.
Round diamonds with a combination of excellent cut grade, symmetry and polish will get a +2% to +10% higher premium.
Round diamonds with either a good cut grade, symmetry or polish grade deduct -10%.
Round diamonds with either a fair cut grade, symmetry or polish grade deduct -15%-25% depending on how the stone faces up.
Fancy shape prices: Price variation for fancy shapes, symmetry and polish grading specifications: Fancy shapes are around -20 to -45% less than rounds depending on the size, shape and quality. On average figure -45% less for fancy cuts then deduct for symmetry and polish as stated below.
Fancy cut diamonds with a with a combination of excellent polish and symmetry will get +2% to +10% higher premium.
Fancy cut diamonds with a combination of Very Good symmetry and polish receive no extra deductions.
Fancy cut diamonds with a Good symmetry or polish deduct -10%.
Fancy cut diamonds with a Fair symmetry or polish deduct an extra 15%-25% depending on how the make of the stone faces up.
Old Euro prices: -20%-30% less than rounds on average.
Old Miner Cut prices: -50% to -55% less than rounds.
*Other factors that affect pricing are chips and stones with medium or strong blue fluorescence or stones that look milky or hazy.
Prices below are for Rounds
How to use the Price list:
Step1) Locate the size range of your stone.
Step 2) Locate the color grade then scale over to the right and cross section with the clarity grade.
Step 3) Multiply the weight of your stone X the per carat price to get the net total price for the stone
Step 4) Take the necessary deductions for shape, cut grade, symmetry, polish or fluorescence described above.